In a Personal Care Home the residents live in a home environment and are cared for by the people of that home and family members and volunteers that come to help.
At Loreto the personal care is based on the understanding that each individual is created in the image and likeness of God and no matter what his or her physical, emotional or mental state will at all times, be treated with the highest respect.
Laughter is one of the best forms of Medicine, Mary Poppins said so! When she sang 'Just a spoonful of sugar makes the Medicine Go Down"!
- Home Cooked meals and a lovely spacious room
- Clean and Dry Bed and Clothing
- Warmth or Cool (as the case may be)
- Bathing and grooming for the day
- Range of motion exercises
- Repositioning every 2 hours
- following the doctors plan of care for each person
- Daily Activity as tolerated
- getting outside on the big covered walkway
- helping to do activities like folding linen or perhaps watering a plant of two
- or just visiting with others
- A Therapy Water Aeration Tub will be available for those for whom that is appropriate.
Seriously, the real reason is that scripture said so----- where it states "that a merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Prov. 17:22
And in addition medical research has found that laughter causes Endorphins which are the chemicals that create a feeling of well being to be released in the brain!
- All of the Non-Drug Related Therapies will be made available for all.
It is necessary to know the difference between healing and cure. There is always healing when one prays and seeks the Lord for it. We do not always know what the Lord is healing. It may be a broken heart and you might have prayed for a broken leg. Our part is to trust that God knows what healing is the most necessary at the time.Healing occurs in many ways. There is healing of a physical problem like a cold, bed sore or injury and there is healing of the emotions like a broken heart, a hardened heart or perhaps a broken dream. It can be acceptance of the journey that we are on bringing reconciliation and peace.
The difference between Healing and Cure
Cure, on the other hand, is different. Cure means that a person no longer has a disease like cancer, a disability, or a condition like a COPD, Coronary Artery Disease or catastrophic injury. These things are often cared for by medications, lifestyle change, and therapy. They can be cured by the miraculous intervention of God.
RETURN TO HOME PAGE